In this episode of Chan with a Plan, Max Speaks with Jennifer Coners, of Jen Coners Consulting. In this conversation Jen discusses her career as a direct hire recruiter and business consultant, navigating layoffs, and working on getting your dream job.
- “You're going to be great in that industry. So they have to have that confidence. You have to build them up, you know? And it's okay to say you're new. It's okay to say you don't know, but you also have to say, but here's what I can bring to the table, and I want it really bad.” – Jen Coners
- “We do need structure, and we do need flexibility. So, I think if we keep going in that route and not being so harsh and everybody's saying, you have to come back in, I think things are going to look a lot better. People aren't going to be so angry and so, you know, demanding.” – Jen Coners
- “They just want to get the job. That’s where I come in and say, I get it. I get that you're frustrated. I get that you've done all of these things, but you're not doing something right. So, we're going to figure out what that is.” – Jen Coners
- [01:18] Layoffs and the labor market
- [02:18] Hybrid work schedule
- [05:02] Career challenges moving forward during economic hardships
- [09:19] Doing the detective work
- [10:22] Transitioning to a role in a different industry
- [14:16] Avoid instant gratification
- [16:27] Don’t forget your manners
- [20:11] Importance of employer feedback to non-hires
- [23:12] Salary expectation question
- [28:35] Could your job posting be bad?
- [34:00] Getting ghosted
- [35:31] Crushing your interview and following up well
- [37:40] Interview Strategies
- [41:17] Should you start to make a career change right now?
- [43:13] Jennifer’s biggest challenge and how she overcame it
RESOURCES & RELEVANT LINKS
- Jennifer Coners on Social Media:
- Chan With A Plan
- Max Chan on Social Media
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.